Sorry, nothing in cart.
Holy Grail Hybrid SACD Back In Print!
Multitrack Masterpiece Mixed For 5.1 Surround Sound and Stereo From the Original Analog Master Tapes By Pink Floyd Producer/Engineer James Guthrie!
One of the biggest SACD reissues in the history of the format – back in print! Pink Floyd’s 1975 masterpiece, Wish You Were Here remains a staple of poignant emotion, pioneering arrangements, clever wit, and timeless performance. Forever an audiophile and music staple, this Hybrid Multichannel SACD edition – mixed for 5.1 from the original multi-track master tapes by Pink Floyd engineer James Guthrie – reveals countless new layers of information, detail, and dynamics.
Anchored by the longing title track, heartfelt tribute to founder Syd Barrett “Shine on You Crazy Diamond,” and nervy takedown of music-business hypocrisy “Have a Cigar,” the compelling follow-up to Dark Side Of the Moon is equally great and just as iconic. As much as any multiplatinum album in history, Wish You Were Here employs cutting-edge studio effects and unimaginable atmospheric techniques to paint an impossibly broad canvas.
On Hybrid SACD, the enormous soundscapes, introspective echoes, and brazen guitar washes take on a life of their own. Airy, complete with full frequency extension and unparalleled realism, the dual disc drops Pink Floyd right into your listening room. This is reach-out-and-touch-it quality, the kind of perspective and experience for which all audiophiles crave!
• Hybrid multi-channel SACD from Analogue Productions
• Multi-channel SACD layer
• Stereo SACD layer
• Playable on most conventional CD players
• 5.1 surround mix by James Guthrie
• Mastered by James Guthrie and Joel Plante
• Mixed and mastered at das boot recording
• DSD authoring for SACD by Gus Skinas
• 8-page full color booklet
• 6 postcards housed in special pocket
• Special 6 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ book-style packaging
- Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5)
- Welcome to the Machine
- Have a Cigar
- Wish You Were Here
- Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 6-9)
|Dimensions||10 x 10 x 3 cm|
Progressive Rock, Psyc Rock, Rock
Ap (Analogue Productions)
Audiophile, New Release