Sorry, nothing in cart.
SONNY ROLLINS – Rollins In Holland: The 1967 Studio & Live Recordings 180G 3LP
- Deluxe Limited-Edition of 6,000 180G Hand-numbered 3LP Sets
- Official release with Sonny Rollins & Nederlands Jazz Archief
- Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio and pressed at RTI
- Includes 24-page Insert with previously-unpublished photos from the performances; Essays by Rollins biographer Aidan Levy and Dutch producer Frank Jochemsen ; Interviews with Sonny Rollins by Zev Feldman, plus Ruud Jacobs and Han Bennink by Aidan Levy.
Rollins in Holland: The 1967 Studio & Live Recordings is Resonance Records’ first archival release from the Saxophone Colossus himself, Sonny Rollins. Released in partnership with the Nederlands Jazz Archief, this deluxe limited-edition 180g 3LP set is officially sanctioned by Rollins and is comprised of three different previously unissued performances with bassist Ruud Jacobs and drummer Han Bennink in May of 1967 at Vara Studio in Hilversum, the Arnhem Academy of Visual Arts, and a televised performance at the Go-Go Club in Loosdrecht. Rollins in Holland will include an extensive booklet with never-before-published photos from each venue; essays by Aidan Levy (currently writing a biography of Sonny Rollins for Da Capo Press) and Dutch jazz journalist/producer Frank Jochemsen; plus interviews with Sonny Rollins, Han Bennink, a remembrance of Ruud Jacobs, and more. Mastered by Bernie Grundman and pressed at 33 1/3 RPM by RTI.
1. Four (22:15) 2. On Green Dolphin Street / There Will Never Be Another You (13:13) 3. They Can’t Take That Away From Me / Sonnymoon For Two (9:32) 4. Three Little Words (22:25) 5. Blue Room (4:53) 6. Four (5:17) 7. Love Walked In (6:05) 8. Tune Up (6:58) 9. Sonnymoon For Two / Love Walked In (18:51)